Ben developed a keen interest in Physiotherapy after many times spent on a physiotherapist table due to various cricket injuries. So, he followed his dream and after graduating from The Australia Catholic University with his Physiotherapy Degree, worked in the field of Sports and Orthopaedic treatment. Ben found, however, that forfeiting Saturdays for sport was not that appealing and developed an interest in jaw and vestibular conditions.
He has worked in both hospital and private practice environments and has been lucky to meet and treat many patients from a variety of backgrounds and ages. Ben completed the Watson Headache® Institute Foundation Level 2 Course in 2017 and enjoys the complex nature of headaches and their link with both the neck and the jaw.
Ben has completed training for Advanced treatment of BPPV (otherwise known as Vertigo). Helping patients with debilitating dizziness, who would otherwise struggle to get out of bed each day, gives Ben a lot of satisfaction.
Outside of work, Ben is an avid sport supporter following Cricket, Football and Basketball while also enjoying a good rock concert in the mosh pit. Ben is a keen traveler and has a goal of one day stepping foot on all 7 continents around the world.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Watson Headache© Level 1 & 2
- SMA Level 1 Sports Trainer
- Vertigo Workshop through Australian Musculo-Skeletal Network (AMSN)
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Course with Physiologic - Back in Balance Vestibular Physiotherapy
- Advanced BPPV Management with Physiologic - Back in Balance Vestibular Physiotherapy
- Cervicogenic Headache Management, Gwendolen Jull Approach
- Dry Needling Certificate
Ben Sewell practices at the:
Nundah Clinic: Thursday & Friday Mornings
Greenslopes Clinic: Tuesday & Wednesday
North Lakes Clinic: Monday