After graduating from James Cook University, Emily hadn’t yet developed a particular area of interest but knew that she really wanted to pursue working in private practice, and initially in the area of musculoskeletal physiotherapy. So she decided to move to Mount Tamborine and here she treated a wide range of general and sports injuries. It was in this clinic that she also took on the role of Pilates instructor and ran balance and falls prevention classes. Emily quickly became passionate about restoring people’s quality of life with a focus on hands-on treatment techniques and exercise prescription to restore their function and help get them back to doing what they enjoy.
Emily has undertaken a variety of courses including a pilates matwork and small apparatus course, dry needling and acupuncture, Mulligan’s upper limb and more recently, she travelled to Portugal to complete a certificate in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy which she absolutely loved.
After returning home from Portugal, Emily’s interests started to gravitate toward thoracic, TMJ and cervicogenic disorders. When the opportunity presented itself for Emily to join The Headache, Neck & Jaw Clinic Team, she jumped at the chance to pursue these interests further. Since joining The Headache, Neck & Jaw Clinic, Emily has also attended and completed the Watson Headache® Course Level 1 & 2.
Outside of physiotherapy, Emily loves spending time with friends, going sailing with her family and chilling at the beach.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Watson Headache© Course Level 1 & 2
- Pilates Matwork Level 1
- Pilates Small Apparatus Course
- Dry Needling and Western Acupuncture Course Combined Physio Ptd Ltd
- Mulligans Upper Quadrant Course - University of Queensland
- Certificate of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy - Portugal
- 2016 Watson Headache Course - Level 2 Consolidation Watson Headache Clinic
- 2017 Dento-Myo-Arthropathy Concept course OMT Australia
- 2017 Vestibular Rehabilitation: An Introductory Course Bond University
- 2017 Advanced Vestibular Topics: The 3Ms – Meniere’s, Migraine and Movement Disorders
Emily Fox practices at the:
Nundah Clinic: Monday & Wednesday
Indooroopilly Clinic: Tuesday & Thursday