Referring a Patient? - Click Here
After graduating from University of Queensland, Scott Cook hadn’t quite decided on which direction he would follow. So he worked in various hospitals and private practices throughout Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria searching for that particular interest. He then thought he might find the answer overseas so, he embarked on the ultimate Aussie rite of passage, and travelled overseas where he worked in various hospitals throughout the UK. On his return to Australia, Scott saw an opportunity to expand his interest in Neck and Jaw conditions and in 2007, along with business partner, Nigel Smith acquired Body Mechanics Physiotherapy (now The Headache, Neck & Jaw Clinic).
Scott extended this interest by developing his skills through training with Dr Mariano Rocobado, for TMJ conditions, and The Watson Headache® Institute in Sydney, for Headache and Neck conditions. Scott is now a qualified Level 3 Watson Practitioner, one of only seven such Practitioners in Australia. He works closely with Maxillofacial Surgeons, Endodontists, Prosthodontists and Dentists to achieve positive outcomes for their patients through targeted physiotherapy treatment.
Apart from his hands on work, Scott also Lectures at University of Queensland Dental School, regularly appears as a guest speaker for Dental Study Groups, Endodontic Groups and in 2013 was a speaker at the International Congress of Voice Teachers. Along with Nigel Smith, Scott also conducts “TMJ Dinners” for Dentists to provide a forum to educate and share ideas.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Watson Headache® Certified Practitioner (Level 3)
- Mini residency in TMD and sleep breathing disorders with the TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre
- Completed coursework with McKenzie Institute of Australia on the cervical and thoracic spine
- Completed coursework with Barb Hungerford on the treatment of the cervical spine and thoracic cage
- Dry Needling for Headache, TMD, Orofacial and Shoulder conditions
- Upper quadrant - Mulligan Concept
- Trained in TMD & Cervicogenic sources of crainiofacial pain with Mariano Rocabado
- Annually lectures on the jaw to UQ Physiotherapy Students
- Presenter at the Inaugural Watson Headache Symposium on Differentiating TMJ from Cervical Spine in Primary Headache Patients
- Presenter at the Australian Voice Academy
- Annually lectures to the Vocal Pedagogy Students at The Conservatorium of Music
- Authored chapter "Diagnosing Pain Referral from Neck & Shoulders" in the newly published book - Diagnosing Dental and Orofacial Pain: A Clinical Manual by Alex J. Moule and M. Lamar Hicks
Scott Cook practices at the:
Nundah Clinic: Tuesday
Greenslopes Clinic: Monday
Taringa Clinic: Thursday
I could talk to you all day about
Outdoor Activities, Cycling, Brewing alcohol
Book an Appointment
If you’re experiencing pain or discomfort then don’t put it off - contact our friendly team today to make an appointment with one of our expert physiotherapists.